Saturday 30 January 2016

Blank Pages

I like blank pages. I like everything they have to offer. I like knowing they're going to be filled in, but having no clue about when or how. I love how blank pages mean an opportunity. They can turn out to be anything you choose. Maybe that's the reason they're so hard to fill in sometimes.

This blog is another blank page that I've started to fill in, and I'm as excited about it as I'm nervous. Will anyone read these words? Will anyone like them? Will anyone care? Why am I writing this blog, in the end?

But let's not get carried away. If you got here... hi there! You might be wondering who I am. I'm a 20-year-old girl who gets overly obsessed with anything she likes. Books, musical theatre (especially Les Misérables), Doctor Who... My native language isn't English, so forgive me if I don't make sense in some moments! (Although to be fair, sometimes I don't make sense even in my own language.) I'm a mess and I'm a mixture of things that maybe shouldn't go together. I love the scent of new books. Sometimes I'm really (and I mean REALLY) shy, and sometimes I'm the most talkative person you've ever met. Sometimes I'm too much, sometimes you don't see me. Sometimes I think I have a "CONTRADICTION" sign on my head, along with green lights and everything.

Still... that's not the point. The point is that I have another very important thing.

I have a story.

Sure, it isn't an epic story in which I'm the shining hero. But I've been through some things and I've learned some others. And I still have a lot to learn. But I've seen that sharing my thoughts has helped other people before. And, of course, writing has always helped me. Words are my filter to understand everything. To understand myself. So that's why I'm here.
 
Finally, I want to talk about the title of my blog. Although it wasn't easy to choose I'm quite happy about it now! During most of my life, I've felt like I don't really belong anywhere. Sure, I have friends here and there, but always individual friends with their own groups of friends with whom they go out while I stay home. And sometimes I've just felt stuck and stopped really living. And then one day I realised... the world wouldn't stop for me. The world keeps going round and round so fast that, if we don't watch out, we can end up being left behind. And I don't want to. So I've started a path without knowing where it leads. But I'm going to make the most of it while I'm on my way.

A big big hug!

Acqua


 PS: Hey hey hey! Acqua here! I had another blog (onmywayacqua.blog.com), but a lot of people told me how they had a lot of problems to get to it, so given that I only had two posts I decided to move it before the problem got worse. This was also the first post I posted there, but I wanted to post it again so there would be an actual beginning to this blog. Thank you so much to everyone who read and commented on the other blog! I'm sorry for the inconvenience of bringing it here, but blog.com wasn't working. And if you're new, hi there! I hope you liked it, let me know what you thought! xx

8 comments:

  1. Hello! You are so so good! You left such a lovely comment on my blog and asked for tips too. Why did you do that! You're SOOOO good! I' am genuinely amazed. Love how the blog instantly makes you feel connected. Yes I am reading your blog, yes I do care but I don't like it, I freaking love it :) Keep it up! Just btw my name is Yashashvi Kanodia. I am from India where are you from? I'd love to know and what's your mother tongue ?
    www.yashoi.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! Or loved it hahaha I'd like to keep my identity anonymous just in case, so I don't want to share a lot of information about me, but I can say I'm European! Thank you again for your nice comment, I'm looking forward to your next post as well! ^^

      Acqua xx

      Delete
    2. Hello again. Yes that's completely fine love :) Keep it up and yes there'll be blog post up very very soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! This was such an interesting post to read. Blank pages... I always feel so intruiged by empty notebooks, and pages... anyway, a comment about the post! Les Miserables, books, and musical theatre? That sounds like me!! I'm glad to be able to read your blog, as I think that it is great, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! I can totally understand that! I love an empty notebook, it gets me so excited because I know it will be filled and I wonder with what and when. Hahaha that's pretty much a summary of myself! It's good to see that we have these interests in common! ^^

      Acqua xx

      Delete
  3. I loved this, thankyou for checking my blog out before, I meant to comment but I couldn't for some reason on that other blog of yours, glad you've started, contact me on my blog for any tips so far I don't think you need them xoxo
    Ella
    ellacrabb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it didn't work properly... but nevermind, fresh start! Thank you for commenting, it means so much to me. I'll keep reading your blog as well! ^^

      Acqua xx

      Delete
  4. I don't know what it is about your kind of writing, but it's just so difficult to stop reading your words. And, let me tell you, you're not the only one with CONTRADICTION written over their face, I can definitely relate to that.

    Solange
    creativepineapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete